Last week, I attended the third annual Teen Author Carnival in New York City! This was my second time at the event, but my first time blogging about it(because I’m lazy. So very, very lazy.). I got a ton of great looking books which I’ll be reviewing in a few days, as soon as Genevieve Thursday is gone and I stop being distracted by the fun and whatnot.
In the meanwhile, I thought I’d share some of my favorite memories from my day in NYC, in no particular order. Ready? Awesome.
- Meeting Carrie Jones. “Blah, blah, blah, science” and appendages in earth-tone corduroy will never stop cracking me up.
- Walking down Broadway with Emma, Cassandra, and Genevieve: “Everybody break into your favorite show tune…NOW!”
- Geeking out over Doctor Who with Caridad Ferrer. Who doesn’t love Rory?
- Sitting down in the middle of the aisle during the second panel when it became obvious there were no more seats.
- Sneaking candy to Emma, Cassandra, and Michael during the second panel.
- Seeing Cassandra, Emma, and Genevieve pop out of a cab, yelling “Mariaaaa!” when they came to pick me up.
- Trying to hail a cab and realizing we were all making the Heil Hitler sign instead. I made it with a Starbucks mug.
- Realizing with Cassandra that Hannah Moskowitz is the long-lost identical twin of another online friend.
- Fondling Emma’s ARC of Beauty Queens and establishing The Sisterhood of the Molested Book. We’re working on the movie-rights.
- Finding a working lighter in a piece of scaffolding. MINE.
- Pulling a baggie of Trader Joe’s sausages out of my bag when Cassandra led us astray on our hunt for lunch and we were all starving.
- Amusing all with the power of my fez! I wear a fez now. Fez’s are cool.
- Alternately confusing and pleasing Emma with a cartoon I drew for her.
- Texting creepy stalker-lyrics to Cassandra on the bus ride home.